Saturday, June 02, 2007



What's your comfort food?


I have been tagged by my friend Amy at to answer the following question: What is your comfort food? If you needed something to help you calm down or just reminisce what foods would help you do this? This is a "post your favorite recipe" either from childhood or from current time. My true comfort food is a toss up between potato chips and chocolate. I envy Amy for having an endless supply of german chocolate at her disposal. But this is one of my favorite recipes. I love Mexican food and you can add more peppers if you want to knock it up a notch or two.



Chicken Enchiladas
1 can of cream of chicken soup
1 cup sour cream
1 4.5oz can of chopped green chilies
1/4 cup chopped black olives
1 small onion
1 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
4 skinless boneless diced chicken breasts
1/4 cup milk
Saute the onion, green chilies and black olives. Mix the soup and sour cream together. Reserve 2/3 cup. Mix the rest of the soup and sour cream with the onion mix. Add 1 cup of the cheese and the diced chicken. Fill 8 tortillas with the mix. Place in a greased 9x13 baking pan. Mix the reserve sauce with the 1/4 cup of milk. Pour over the tortillas. Top with the remaining cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes.




So now I get to tag some other bloggers.

1. Hayden
2. Mommy Spice
3. Kerri

2 comments:

Amy said...

If it is not chocolate what could it be?

Mommy Spice said...

OK, I have a lot of beach vacation pictures to post this week, so I'll get to this one a little later. I'm going to have to think about it. I might have to say pb&j with a glass of milk or cereal. Hmmm. I think about something that involves a recipe though.