Tuesday, March 18, 2008

It has been a crazy week around here. All 3 kids have strep throat. Evan actually came down with it last week. Macie got it yesterday & Grant got it today. I feel like I have spent the last 2 days in line at the pharmacy.

Over the weekend, we did a little grilling. A fellow blogger, Ford, had posted a recipe on his blog for "Johnny Steaks". We gave it a try & it was REALLY good! Now I am trying to get his lemoncello recipe. I want mom & dad to bring lemons home from Florida so I can enjoy a beverage with these awesome steaks.

Monday night, Lynn & I went to see Bruce Springsteen in concert. It was a great show. She won tickets from a radio station. We found out the tickets were $95.00 each. They were great seats! Thanks for not wanting to go, Dale.

We've had some very sad news in our family this week. My Uncle Jerry passed away on Monday. We will miss him very much. This morning we got a call that my cousin, Jon passed away. He broke his leg last week and ended up getting a blood clot in his lung. He was only 42. Another blogger friend lost her mother-in law yesterday. It has been a roller coaster of a week. Please pray for everyone.

2 comments:

cheepette8 said...

I'm sorry about your Uncle Jerry. We are saying our prayers over here for you guys.

Amy said...

I'm sorry your kids are sick, and for the loss of your Uncle & cousin. Boy, 42 is very young to die. That's very hard. I feel some peace about my MIL. I have not really felt the loss yet. That will come (probably in waves). Thank you for your prayers.