Thursday, February 26, 2009


I just got a warning........


On Wednesdays, Macie has tutoring for her Chinese class. I car pool with my friend Joan and we meet up to do the kid swap, then it was off to Walgreens to pick up a few things. When I pull in the lot, I notice that I have a headlight out. Ok, gotta get this fixed, so I drop Macie off at home and run to get a new bulb for the headlight. Being Ash Wednesday, we had church at 7:00pm. I did not have enough time to get the new bulb in, so off we went. On the way home, I get pulled over! I could not believe it! As soon as the cop got up to my window, I said "you pulled me over for my headlight, didn't you?" Yes he did. I explained that it just went out today, I have the bulb at home, but I didn't have time to install it before church. He was very kind but said he had to give me a 15 day warning. So now after I get the new light installed, I have to take the warning to the police station so they can inspect it. If I don't get it done within the 15 days, it turns into a citation. Just add that to my "to do" list.

The funny thing is, the same thing happened to me about 15 years ago. I had borrowed my mom's car. It had a headlight out, but she had the replacement bulb in the car. She just hadn't had the time to put it in. Lo and behold, I get pulled over. I show the officer the replacement bulb & explain that I am on my way home to put it in. He still writes up the warning. Had to make that extra trip to the police station to get it inspected.

No comments: